WokeNFree October Report (2022)
Listen to our podcast every #WokeNFreeWednesday to find out what’s got us thinking, reading, and talking!
What would you do if you could never miss a moment with your favorite topics? What if you could listen to your favorite stories easily and without the need for any interaction? With Newsly, this is now possible.
We’re always working on new products and ideas, but sometimes it takes a little extra cash to bring them to life. Your financial support for the work we do means the world to us! Donate HERE!
Monthly Recap Playlist
Episode 269: Do You Think the Thumbs-Up Emoji is Offensive? | WokeNFree
Do you think the thumbs-up emoji is offensive? Please share your thoughts in the comments below! P.S. Have you signed…
Episode 268: Is there a Benefit to Sleeping Naked? | WokeNFree
Is there a benefit to sleeping naked? Please share your thoughts in the comments below! P.S. Have you signed up for…
Episode 267: Should Parents Censor the Content their Kids Consume? | WokeNFree
This week's episode is all about censorship and children's content. Please share your thoughts in the comments below…
Episode 266: Is it Possible to be Friends with Your Ex? | WokeNFree
This week's episode is all about being friends with an ex. Please share your thoughts in the comments below! P.S. Have…
Shop WokeNFree Designs
After listening to this month’s episodes, did you share your thoughts?
Thanks for tuning in this month! We hope you enjoyed the shows and found them helpful. If you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out to us HERE.
Spooky Good WokeNFree October Lessons Learned
October is almost over, so it’s time to reflect on the lessons we’ve learned this month.
- Trick or Treating is not just for kids! Adults can and should trick-or-treat too! (And we have the costumes to prove it.)
- Never give up on your passions! When it comes to the work we do, we know the importance of moving forward (no matter what). Even when it seems like nothing is happening or everyone else has given up, you can’t stop! You have to keep going because there’s no guarantee that you will be successful. But giving up will never get you closer to what you truly want.
- Don’t forget about your health! It’s easy for us as humans to get caught up in our work lives, but we need those breaks so that we can recharge ourselves mentally and physically. When we work too much without taking care of ourselves first, stress builds up inside us until eventually our bodies break, don’t you agree?
- Remember that every day matters when it comes to making positive change in the world around us. Small actions lead up to bigger ones (and vice versa). So if you don’t feel like doing anything big today — just do something small!
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes! No matter how much research you do before embarking on an adventure, sometimes things don’t go as planned — and that’s okay! The most important thing is that we learn from those mistakes and grow from them as individuals and as a company.
WokeNFree Product Review
Wahl Color Pro Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clipper & Trimmer — Easy Color-Coded Guide Combs — for Men, Women, & Children — Model 9649P
We like the Wahl Color Pro Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clipper & Trimmer for a lot of reasons, but we’ll start with our favorite: it’s cordless! This means no more fumbling around with tangled cords, or accidentally unplugging your clippers while you’re in the middle of cutting someone’s hair. And that’s not all: this clipper is also super easy to use. Even Kahlil says he likes to use it for his own beard maintenance.
Overview (1–5 Stars): 4 Stars
Review: It’s extremely versatile, with a variety of different attachments that allow you to cut and trim your hair in a number of different ways. The detachable blade system allows you to change blades quickly and easily, allowing for precision cutting or bulk trimming. It really came in handy for KJ’s first hair cut :)
Aethland Kids Haircut Cape Hair Cutting Cape, Barber Cape Waterproof Foldable Umbrella Hair Catch Haircut Cape
It was a big day — the big day! KJ was finally old enough to get his first haircut. We couldn’t wait to see how it would look on him. And just like we expected, he looked adorable!
This cape has been such a game-changer for us. We were so nervous about KJ’s first haircut. We had visions of him squirming around and getting hair all over our clothes, or worse — his clothes! But with this cape, we were able to keep him calm and contained while still being able to give him a great haircut. The cape didn’t exactly work as shared on the product image above. But, it definitely helped with the clean up after his hair cut.
Overview (1–5 Stars): 3 Stars
Review: We all know that a haircut is a big deal. It’s the first time your kid gets to see what they’ll look like, and it’s their first chance to have control over their own hair. But that doesn’t mean you can’t make the experience special! This cape absolutely helped to make KJ’s first hair cut a memorable experience in all the right ways.